top of page
Apostrophe SPRING.png



British Maris Otter Extra Pale base malt and biscuit, cara and crystal light malts flavoured with the classic combination of British Fuggle and Goldings hops.  Brewed exclusively for The Queens Hotel, Queens Road, Gosport, as their Spring House Ale.


Now on the bar at The Queens Hotel.


The Queens’ Hotel was originally owned by the W. A. Hobbs brewery which was situated in nearby Stoke Road.  In 1913 the pub was sold to the Portsmouth and Brighton United Breweries, who were, themselves, taken over by the Brickwood Brewery, Portsea, in 1953.  Whitbread Brewery bought out Brickwood's and closed the pub in 1977. In 1979 local publican, Jackie Carr, re-opened The Queens Hotel. The pub was run by landlady, Sue Lampon, for 39 years until her retirement in August 2022.  In December 2022 this fine Locals pub was saved and reopened under new management.

bottom of page